I’m getting older. I can feel it in my bones. And I can feel it in every pop culture reference I make these days. I’m sure I need to explain the title of this post. For you young’uns, you should check out a little old rock band called the Rolling Stones. In 1967, they released the song, Get Off of My Cloud.
But the cloud I’m referring to is my new bed. My precious Tempur-Pedic TEMPUR-Cloud Supreme mattress.
So why do I want you to get off of my cloud?
Because I want you to get busy entering my contest to win your very own cloud.
Your very own cloud?
Oh, yes. That’s exactly what I mean.
As some of you may remember (because of my non-stop tweeting and three separate posts about it), I attended BlogHer ’10 in New York City way back in August. I wandered through the Expo Hall collecting all my swag. And then I reached the mecca of tired feet: the Tempur-Pedic exhibit with the lovely ladies there asking me if I would like to lay down and test out the mattress.
They eventually had to peel me off of the mattress and asked me if I’d like to do a video testimonial. Oh sure. Why not? I gave a 30 second heartfelt plea as to why I’d love to win the Tempur-Pedic giveaway and then walked away. Thinking nothing more of it.
A few weeks after BlogHer, I was home with my husband and checked my email. “I think I won a bed,” I told him in complete disbelief. Yes, I was the Grand Prize winner of any size Tempur-Pedic TEMPUR-Cloud Supreme bed of my choice. After getting over my excitement, I could believe that I was also going to be able to share the same joy with someone else.
So my mind started working thinking of the best way to give this bed away. I tweeted a few things. Found plenty of people desperate for a new bed. Desperate for ANY bed. Desperate for THIS bed. And there are plenty of people that simply know the allure of Tempur-Pedic, like I did.
I also asked for your thoughts on holding a contest. How should I give this bed away? What would be fair? What do you not like in a contest? You were pretty clear about that.
Here’s what you don’t have to do:
- Tweet about it (although I don’t mind if you do. Just use a link to this post and the hashtag #tempurcloud)
- Like me on Facebook (because I’m sure you’ve done that already)
- Like anyone else on Facebook
- Leave a bazillion comments
- Come back and vote all day every day
- Write a blog post about it (more on this).
Without further adieu, here are the down and dirty details on how I want you to have the same fantastic opportunity I have had to get a good night’s sleep.
Here’s what you do have to do:
- Create a video 60 seconds or less in length based on the theme “Why I need a good night’s sleep”
- Post your video somewhere. It can be simply on YouTube. It can be included in a post on your blog. It can be uploaded to my all.things.fadra Facebook page.
- Wherever you post your video, you must leave a comment here on my blog with the link to your video.
- Your comment must include your email address. Your email address will not be shown publicly and will never be used for anything other than communication during this contest.
Now for the rules.
- You must be at least 18 years of age to enter the contest.
- You must be a resident of the United States (including all 50 states and the District of Columbia).
- Your video must be original content.
- Your video should be no more than 60 seconds in length.
- The link to your video should be posted in the comments no later than Friday, October 22nd at 11:59 pm, EDT.
- Please, no nudity or profanity. This is a family show.
So how do you win? This is the fun part for me. No random drawings. No popularity contests. I will personally be judging along with my judging committee, consisting of my husband and my son. Together we’ll pick our 3 favorite videos based on the following: creativity, originality, and adherence to the theme.
And just so you aren’t completely at a loss for how we’ll judge, I’ve asked the judging committee to provide you with their favorite movies so you get a sense of their style:
Judge #1 favorite movies: Rushmore, Out of Africa, The Razor’s Edge
Judge #2 favorite movies: Apocalypse Now, Shawshank Redemption, Blade Runner
Judge #3 favorite movies: Toy Story, Toy Story 2, Toy Story 3
After the close of the contest, we’ll select our 3 favorite videos and announce them on Monday, October 25th.
From the 3 top videos, Tempur-Pedic will select the final winner that we hope to announce on or about Wednesday, October 27th.
Are you excited? I’m so excited. Can you tell I’m excited? If you have any questions whatsoever, leave them in the comments and I’ll reply as quickly as possible so that everyone can see the answer.
And that’s it! Good luck everyone!
THIS CONTEST IS NOW CLOSED. THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO ENTERED!!!
FINALISTS WILL BE REVEALED ON MONDAY, OCTOBER 25TH!!!
Disclosure: I was awarded the Grand Prize from Tempur-Pedic as a result of entering their contest at BlogHer ’10. The Grand Prize consisted of any Tempur-Pedic TEMPUR-Cloud Supreme bed of my choice. I was not required to review this item and all posts and opinions are of my own accord. The rules of the giveaway contest were created by me with terms approved by Tempur-Pedic.