This post is sponsored by Influence Central and Pharmavite and I’ve been compensated for this post. All content and opinions are my own.
If you’re like me, you’re always looking for that one thing that will make all the difference. That one thing that will help you lose weight, tone that stubborn fat, make you sleep better, give you more energy, clear you skin, strengthen your nails, and grown your healthy, shiny hair.
You’re closely watching your friends on Facebook and wondering if that thing they did is the one thing you’ve been looking for. It’s counting points, or giving up carbs, or getting a coach, or joining a fitness cult. If it worked for them, maybe this is the thing that will work for you.
Well, I’m happy to tell you that I figured out what that one thing is.
It’s CARING about your health.
Yes, it sounds lame but oh my gosh, it’s so true. Here’s what’s happened to me in the past three months.
I realized that there’s more to life than indulgence. There’s more than indulging in the best food and wine and TV and movies. While enjoyable, it makes me fat, tired, and unhealthy (and I have the blood test results to prove it).
So I decided to care for one reason. This guy.
At 10 years old, I had lured my son into the very same unhealthy habits I had adopted. And he was suffering the very same effects. More than anything, I wanted to be a healthy role model for him. And I finally cared enough to do it.
I changed the way I eat completely. I started reading labels and becoming extremely conscious of what I was putting into my body. I started retraining my metabolism to rely on stored energy sources (i.e., fat) rather than easy energy sources (like ingested sugars and refined carbs).
And then I lost a million pounds and everything was great.
Nope. Sorry. Not that easy. Then, as I was feeling better, I got sick. I developed this awful sinus infection and went on a strong antibiotic. Then I got even sicker. Like, flu sick. So I went on an anti-viral medication. And the doctor told me to take mega doses of Vitamin C and take a probiotic.
So that’s exactly what I did. And I finally got better and kept up with my healthy habits and realized, hey, taking these supplements is probably a good idea anyway.
So I kept up with the Vitamin C and the probiotics and I finally added in that Vitamin D supplement my doctor has been suggesting I take.
Adding Vitamins and Supplements to my Daily Routine
And now, I find myself strolling down the vitamin and supplement aisle wondering what else I could use. So I’ve added something new to my repertoire – Vitamin B, mainly because B vitamins are necessary for normal function of the nervous system and help support cellular energy production.†
Sounds simple enough. But like many other vitamins, it comes in multiple forms: B1, B6, B12, tablets, gummies, softgels. And there are so many different brands. How do you pick what’s right for you?
I ended up choosing Nature Made® Super B Energy Complex for a few reasons.
- Nature Made is focused on health and wellness through product innovations, quality ingredients.
- Nature Made is #1 Pharmacist Recommended.
- The Super B Energy Complex provides 100% of the daily value of 8 essential B vitamins (I’m all for a one stop shop)
- It comes in a softgel (small and easy to swallow – super important for me)
- Take once a day (I can remember once a day. Beyond that – forget it)
Now I have my little morning pill cozy and it’s become a habit just like all the other habits I used to have. Only this is a good habit.
I wish I could tell you that there was a magic pill that would make life easier but making small, consistent changes every day does add up. And I’m only adding to the changes every day to become a better version of the person I am.
How Nature Made® Vitamins Can Motivate You!
Nature Made® Vitamins is partnering with Women’s and Men’s Health to sponsor promotions on Facebook where you and your friends can win weekly prizes that motivate you to stay healthy.
- From February 27th through April 9th, you may enter for a chance to win a prize through the Nature Made Facebook page to view the Sweepstakes posts for the corresponding Weekly Entry Period. Enter by completing the call-to-action for that post, which will include submitting your comment as a reply to the post to earn one entry for a chance to win only the prize featured in that Post.
- Prizes range from Blue Apron, Lululemon and Sephora gift cards as well as FitBit’s and a one-year membership to Nature Box!
Nature Made Sweepstakes: Nature Made® Vitamins is hosting a Sweepstakes where you can enter to win a grand prize of a spa vacation.
- From February 27th through April 9th, you may enter for a chance to win the Grand Prize by visiting http://www.naturemade.com/oneup and clicking where indicated in order to complete and submit the registration form for one (1) entry into the Grand Prize drawing
- Spa vacation will include a 4-day/3-night trip for two to the Red Mountain Resort in Ivans, UT
†These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any diseases.