Let’s be honest. Vacuums are the sexiest thing out there. But when you want one that works, you’re probably going to ask the advice of friends. And of those friends, you’re going to listen to the ones that don’t just like their vacuum but love their vacuum.
I’m one of those friends. You need vacuum advice? You come to me.
Like right now. You’re here because you’re thinking about a new vacuum. Either that or you’re just one of my mega fans that reads everything I write.
Let me tell you right off the bat. I’m a huge fan of Shark vacuums.
YUGE, if you will.
Does it have something to do with the fact that they’ve sent me three vacuums to review in addition to their latest steam mop? Of course. But if I didn’t love the first one I reviewed, I would have never said, sign me up to review even more of your vacuums!
It’s because I can’t say no to a good vacuum. So Shark sent me their latest that I previewed last fall. It’s the Shark Rocket System with DuoClean (affiliate link).
Here’s what they say you’ll like about it:
- DUO CLEAN Technology – integrated dual brushroll system, in one single head, for unbelievable hard floor and carpet cleaning
- TRIPLE PARTICLE CLEANING incredibly pulls in the 3 types of floors messes – large, small and stuck-on particles, from both carpets and floors
- Ultra-lightweight – it converts into a 4.6lb. hand vac for versatile above-floor cleaning
- Never loses suction, with a powerful motor and DUO CLEAN Technology to deep clean carpets and floors
- TruePet Motorized Brush and Extendable Under Appliance Wand. Deep cleaning for upholstery and hard-to-reach places.
Here’s what I say you’ll like about it.
- Versatile – super easy to use as an upright or a portable hand vac
- Perfect for multiple floor types – it cleans carpets but it also has a soft roller to vacuum and dust your hard floors
- Like a mega dustbuster – I realize I probably shouldn’t say dustbuster but it seriously is. Pop off the top and you can take that baby anywhere. Upstairs, downstairs, even on the stairs.
- Lots of attachments – they even came up with an attachment to clean those gross, grimy places under your refrigerator and stove.
- Did I mention the hair remover accessory? Because I will.
Let’s look at the two rollers. One is soft – perfect for flat surfaces and perfect for dusting as you suck up the loose particles on your floor.
The other is, well, dirty. Pardon my hair. I shed so much that I’m not sure how I still have hair on my head. But that stiff roller is what will dig down deep in your carpet and get the mucky-muck out.
And when you collect too much mucky-muck on the roller, you have to get it off. One of my favorite features is this handy little tool that’s built in to the roller compartment. Pop it out, collect the hair, and snap the tool back in for the next time you need it. And trust me, I needed it (see the video below).
And finally… what good is a vacuum unless it has a bunch of cool accessories? It comes with standard tools like a crevice tool, a dusting tool, and even a handheld turbo brush tool – perfect for pet hair on furniture or stairs. But my favorite is the extendable under appliance tool. Because with that in your hand, nobody will mess with you, least of all, your appliances.
I’d like to say I finished cleaning and wrote up my review. But cleaning is a job that never ends. Not in my house anyway.
I will say that this Shark Rocket System is a little top heavy but that’s by design. It does have a different feel in your hand and probably requires a little more strength than you might normally use. But the vacuum isn’t heavy by any means (only 4.6 lbs). I still don’t know how they put so much power in such a small package.
The suction was great. The ease of use was great. Being top heavy made it a touch awkward but I didn’t mind because I frequently popped the top off and used is as my very own powerful mini vac.
If you’re considering a new vacuum, I’d definitely put this top of the list if versatility is key for you and you like to get around quickly with your vacuum. But don’t just take my word for it. Watch my words as well. Here’s my full video review.
Shark provided me this Shark Rocket System to facilitate this review.