Hey – guess what I did? I started a podcast.
Not by myself, mind you, but with my new podcasting partner and co-host Shannon Entin and I can’t wait to tell you all about it!
My Love of All Things
I’ve been milling about in this online world for well over a decade and I’ve been proudly wandering, proclaiming that I don’t have a niche and I don’t need a niche.
But the truth of the matter is that my interests have evolved and I’m having so much fun concentrating on some of the things that I enjoy and that inspire me:
- Cars (You guys already know how much I love cars)
- Travel (I cover it here but I love it so much that I co-founded a site just to talk about travel. You’ll find it at She’s On The Go)
- Beauty (I didn’t set out to cover this specifically but it just finds me. You want someone to try the latest beauty trend? I’m your girl)
- Family (You won’t find crafty things here on my blog or rainy day activities but you will find insights as to what it takes to be a parent to my son and to my menagerie of pets)
Let’s stop there because those are the big FIVE and it’s entertainment that I want to talk about.
My Love of All Things Entertainment
Things you might not know about me and entertainment:
- I wanted to be an actress from an early age.
- I’ve been in plays since I learned what the word “play” means.
- I wrote and performed a song (it was for 5th grade graduation, thank you very much)
- I wrote a play! (I mean, it was 6th grade, but still…)
- I performed in almost every high school play and was President of the Thespian Society. No, no, no, I said THESPian.
- I minored in Theater in college.
- Then I basically just watched a lot of TV and movies for the next few decades.
I’ve always loved entertainment because it takes you to a world where you can get lost. You can feel, you can be intellectually stimulated or visually challenged. You can share a common experience with others or you can keep it all to yourself. You can be inspired or simply be entertained, both of which we need more of in this world.
As a fan of entertainment, I’m a self-admitted and self-appointed critic as well. I once wrote that a movie critic would be a dream job – watching movies all day in air conditioned comfort eating very buttery popcorn.
Oddly enough, my career path has taken me into a lot of the places I’ve dream of going.
I’m a performer! (on my own YouTube channel but I’m at over 400k views and counting!).
I’m a movie critic! (have you read all of my movie reviews?)
I watch a lot of Netflix! (I’m a longstanding member of the StreamTeam!)
In order to take my love of entertainment to the next level, I met Shannon one night at a party. We had a long conversation, that I’m pretty sure involved wine, and we found that we both wanted a venue to talk about all things entertainment.
Announcing Stinger: The Entertainment Podcast
We didn’t want to go super deep into the fandom of Star Wars. We didn’t want to talk ad nauseam about Gilmore Girls (which, BTW, I’ve never watched). We wanted to talk about the conversations you have at work or with your sister or on your Facebook page! That’s where Stinger: The Entertainment Podcast came from and I’M SO EXCITED TO ANNOUNCE THAT WE’RE LIVE!
As in, LIVE on iTunes where you can subscribe! (and on whatever Android people use)
And the best part is, we’ve created a Facebook Group for you to fangirl (or fanboy?) over the latest and greatest that you’re watching and add your voices to each episode!
So will you pleeeeeeeeease give it a chance? Join in the discussion, listen to an episode or two (or five – whatever it takes to fall in love with us), subscribe, download, MAKE MY DREAMS COME TRUE!
And when I’m on the red carpet next year, I’ll be sure to thank all the little people that helped make it all a success.