Okay. Before you go into the whole “another damn blog award” routine, understand this: I need this kind of stuff in my life. It makes me feel good. Yes, it’s a graphic somebody made up to pass around. But someone thought enough of me to award it to me. I need constant reassurance that I’m not the only one that likes me.
And now, I present the requirements of said award.
1. Thank the person that gave this to me:
Thank you, Coma Girl! OMG, I just realized I don’t know your name (probably intentional) and I have no real idea why you call yourself Coma Girl. Doesn’t really matter. Love you anyway!
2. Copy and insert award into post:
That’s the pretty little picture at the top. And that’s why I want dessert now.
3. Name three things you love about yourself:
- I love that I can laugh at and with myself. I sometimes look back at the things I’ve written and make myself laugh. I guess if you can’t laugh at yourself, who can you laugh at? I may joke inappropriately at times which, I assure you, will haunt me while I replay it over and over in my mind thinking how stupid I was. But when I get it right, I can keep the room going. Especially after a glass of wine or two.
- I love that I am super sentimental and nostalgic. I love reminiscing about my childhood and my favorite toys. And I have boxes of stuff up in the attic with old papers, stuffed animals, dolls, meaningless awards from elementary school. But I also have every card my grandmother ever sent me which is makes me happy since she’s been gone since 1982.
- I love that I have a way with kids and pets. Cats, dogs, toddlers – doesn’t matter. Within minutes, they’ll flock to me. I think because I enjoy the lack of pretension around that crowd so we all easily relate on the same level.
4. Post a photo that you love:
I’ve been waiting to post this photo but could never really come up with a good reason to. Now I have one. This was a random shot a took a few months back while I was playing around with my camera up on my neighbor’s deck. I was messing around with some of the camera functions (and his son’s toys) and came up with this really cool shot.
5. Tag five people you wish to pass the award to:
There are always some awesome bloggers out there that deserve more recognition (whether they need it or not). Here’s who keeps me working on my Google Reader.