Dansko Sanibel shoes are canvas based clogs that provide classic support with perfect style of Spring and Summer. And although they don’t seem to make them anymore, I’m hoping they’ll bring them back. Here’s a story of when they gifted me a pair that I got so many compliments on!
I did some pretty crazy things over the past few weeks. And I can’t wait to tell you about them. They both involve shoes. I know you shoe mavens are getting all excited now. So here goes…
1. I got red shoes.
I know. It’s probably very anti-climactic for all of you. But I’ve never had red shoes and I’ve always wanted red shoes.
It started with a little children’s book I made my mother read me over and over again called Ann Likes Red. I can still remember the dialogue between Ann and her mother as they went shopping.
“Tan shoes, Ann?”
“No, I want red.”
I thought maybe it was the fascination with red that drew me to the book. Looking back now and reading the description of the book, “this delightful story of an independent little girl who knows what she likes” makes me realize Ann and I were just kindred spirits.
Back to my shoes…
The ever-so-awesome Dansko asked me if I’d be interested in reviewing another pair of their shoes. This time it was from a new line for Spring called the Sanibel collection. I thought about it for about 3.2 seconds and then emphatically said YES! I WILL REVIEW YOUR SHOES FOR YOU.
The only problem? I had to pick out a shoe. Slip-on or laces? Patterned or solid? Canvas or leather? And then color…
Fadra Likes Red.
I picked the Volley Red Canvas style and haven’t looked back. Now for my next crazy news.
2. I decided Springtime shoes need a Springtime climate for a proper review.
Here’s how I took care of that.
And now for the nitty gritty…
I loved, loved, loved these Dansko Sanibel shoes. Some of you may have read my previous review for Dansko clogs. I have a little secret. I loved these a whole lot more. Here are some of the reasons why:
- The canvas is cool enough for Spring and Summer but heavy enough that you won’t feel like your feet aren’t protected.
- The rubber is thick and sturdy serving two purposes: It ensures the toes will never get holes in the canvas and it also ensures that this short girl will feel a whole lot taller.
- The shoes don’t smell. Yes, that’s gross. But let’s face it, warm sweaty feet and shoes are not a good mix. The aerated footbed makes your foot feel cool and keeps the knock-you-dead smell away.
- These shoes contain no egg or dairy. In other words, they’re totally vegan. I’m such an animal lover so if I can be stylish and vegan at the same time, I’ll take it.
- The loose fit, as with the professional clogs, make my feet feel free and happy in the warm weather while still having terrific support (and no blisters). Trust me, I saw many flip-floppers at the parks staring enviously at my shoes.
Now I know that many parts of the country are still getting dumped on by Mr. Freeze, so I think it’s time to breathe a little Springtime into your wardrobe. You can crank up your heat, wear them inside, and dream of warmer days to come.
Disclosure: Dansko Footwear provided me a pair of shoes from their Sanibel collection for review. I was not compensated in any way other than my fabulous shoes. All opinions are my own. My trip to Florida and Disney World was personal and was in no way sponsored or endorsed by Dansko Footwear or Walt Disney World. Affiliate links may be included in this post.