When you’re visiting the “Sweetest Place” for a jam-packed weekend, it’s easy to get caught up in everything when you have the chance to eat chocolate at least once an hour. And while I’m taking away so much from my fantabulous weekend in Hershey, I’m oddly feeling younger than I have in a while.
Here’s my 5 minute brain dump…
Back in February, I went on a Disney vacation. It’s not a definite thing for us every year but if we go, we usually go in February. This past vacation, I remember how good I felt every day. Sure, my feet hurt and I was tired but I was tired because I had been properly stimulated and was physically exhausted. But I not only felt better, I looked better.
Sure enough, when we got home, I went about my normal day and I started looking and feeling so worn out. I could barely lift myself off the couch and I wonder what was so dramatically different between vacation time and normal time.
I figured out some obvious vs. not-so-obvious stuff
– There was sunshine in Florida. I cannot believe how much my moods seem to swing based on the weather. I’m tired of the cold and the damp and the gray, gray skies. While it wasn’t super warm in Florida, it was nice and I got to see lots of sunshine.
– I spent more time outdoors. Obviously, we walked and walked and walked some more while we were visiting the parks. I didn’t even count how many steps I took a day but it was enough that I didn’t feel too guilty eating and drinking the junk that I did.
– I drank so much more water. I was obsessed with not getting dehydrated so I drank so much water, I felt like I had to go to the bathroom every 10 minutes. At home, I sometimes forget to drink water, let alone enough of it.
– Less stress. Come on. That’s an obvious one.
– Adrenaline!! I get plenty of release of the stress hormones on a day to day basis but adrenaline or whatever it is that makes you come off of a thrilling ride feeling unstoppable – it’s that.
After spending some time in Hershey, PA this weekend, including several hours at Hersheypark riding some death-defying coasters, I feel exhausted, tired, energized, and a little bit thirsty. I think I see more adventure in my future.