Call it whining. Call it ranting. Call it first world problems. I have perspective but sometimes there are things you just don’t want to do. Maybe you’re tired or you need a break or you’d rather spend your hard-earned money elsewhere. But there’s got to be something you don’t want to do. I’m full of those things tonight and I’m going to let them all out.
Today’s Writing Prompt: What are the things in your life right now that you just don’t want to do?
Here we go…
I don’t wanna…
- Write my post. I love to write but I’ve had so much going on personally in the last 2 weeks that posting has felt more like an obligation than fun. So sorry about that if it feels that way for your too. Also, I’m tired and don’t feel like writing.
- Take care of a sick kid all by myself. With my husband traveling so much, I feel a bit like a part-time single parent. Now he’s home and I’m traveling but I have the sick kid. And it’s hard.
- Find a new place to live. I mean, I do but I don’t. I want to find the perfect house but I want it to be available now for the price I want and we can move in in 30 days.
- Tell anyone that we sold our house. But I guess I just did. We accepted an offer, signed a contract, and now we wait and make sure everything goes as planned. And then we move.
- Go downstairs to pee. Sounds silly but I’m staying at my sister’s in Baltimore. In her old house, she had but one bathroom for the 5 people staying here. And I’m sleeping in the guest room in the attic. And the bathroom is all the way downstairs.
- Sleep another night without my Tempur-Pedic bed. Yes, it’s a first world problem but damn, I love that bed. Any other bed gives me shoulder aches in the morning.
- Be worried about my little guy all night. He waits until we travel out of town to develop a fever and vomiting. And nothing puts me on higher alert than to have a sick little boy,
- Have a tummyache. Because when my little guy throws up, I have a stomachache (real or imagined) until we’re WELL out of the woods.