If you’re looking for the best halloween shows on Hulu, then I’m here to wish you a Happy Huluween because there’s plenty for the family to watch together.
And, if you stick around, I might even have a few suggestions for AFTER you put the kids to bed.
As fall rolls in and everyone is trying to figure out what Halloween looks like this year, one thing you can count on is “Huluween” for some spooky (or not-so-spooky) entertainment.
Halloween Shows for Families on Hulu
Sit back, relax, and pop a gigantic bowl of popcorn (we use a stovetop popcorn popper). Then huddle close together for Hulu this year, which brings together new titles and old favorites to create a immersive Halloween experience for the whole family to enjoy. Whether the kids are wanting to watch something new or parents are wanting to relive Halloweens past, Hulu has you covered:
- Starting on October 21st, families will be able to stream the Hulu Original, Madagascar: A Little Wild “A Fang-Tastic Halloween” special from DreamWorks Animation. After hearing spooky rumors about the new habitat resident – A BAT – Marty is determined to protect his friends from the newcomer. But when the bat helps him out of a tough situation, Marty learns it’s better to get to know someone rather than judge them on false stereotypes.
- After debuting in 1996, Sabrina: The Teenage Witch became instant magic with fans. Sabrina is a normal teenager, except for one thing — she’s a witch! Guided by her aunts, who come from a long line of witches, and Salem, a mischievous warlock doing penance as a black cat, Sabrina continually struggles to harness her powers while wittingly wreaking havoc on friends and foes alike. Now Streaming!
- Everyone’s favorite twin duo, Mary Kate & Ashley, try to trick an evil aunt (Cloris Leachman) out of a magic moonstone and save their family home in Double, Double, Toil and Trouble. Now Streaming!
- Get ready for some ghost hunting with Danny Phantom. Danny Fenton is a typical teenager- sort of. An accident in his parents’ lab gives Danny the ability to sense when a ghost is near and “go ghost” – transforming into Danny Phantom. The ghost hunting teen and his two pals work to stop ghostly villains. Now Streaming!
- Transport to planet IRK with Invader Zim. Stand back, ignorant Earth filth! Invader Zim has been sent from the planet IRK on a mission of doom. Disguised as a child and accompanied by GIR, his robot, Zim has come to assume control of Earth. But a wrench named Dib interferes with his plan… Now Streaming!
- They creep and they’re kooky and not altogether spooky but you can catch the 2019 animated version of The Addams Family. Gomez, Morticia, Pugsley, Wednesday, Uncle Fester and Grandma are readily preparing for a visit from their even creepier relatives!
Halloween Shows on Hulu for After the Kids Go to Bed
If you have younger kids, put them to bed. If you have older kids, invite them into a world of horror and see how far you can push them with a little bit of frightening fair during the month of Halloween.
- I’ll admit that I’m a Stephen King fan so it should be no surprise that Castle Rock is high on my list of Hulu favorites (in fact, I got to meet the season 2 cast last year!). Each season is an original story that plays out in the Stephen King universe.
- For those of you into teen dramas, you can check out Freakish about a group of students trapped in a high school that must fight for survival when predatory mutant freaks take over after a meltdown at the local chemical plant. Bonus: You’ll see Mary Mouser in this show, now seen in Cobra Kai!
- Keeping in tune with the teen dramas, Light As A Feather revisits the “light as a feather, stiff as board” game we all played at sleepover. Except this time, five teen girls who played start dying off in the exact way that was predicted, forcing the survivors to figure out why they’re being targeted – and whether the evil force hunting them down is one of their own.
- Monsterland is an anthology series based on the collection of stories from Nathan Ballingrud’s North American Lake Monsters. Encounters with mermaids, fallen angels, and other strange beasts drive broken people to desperate acts in Monsterland. Like Black Mirror for the horror crowd.
- I mentioned that I love Stephen King but not super scary Stephen King. If you do, though, you can catch the latest reboot of Pet Sematary, which follows the story of Dr. Louis Creed, who, after relocating with his wife Rachel and their two young children from Boston to rural Maine, discovers a mysterious burial ground hidden deep in the woods near the family’s new home.
- Wanna play? If you were freaked out by Chucky in 1988, you’ll want to watch this contemporary re-imagining of Child’s Play, which follows Karen, a single mother who gifts her son Andy a Buddi doll, unaware of its more sinister nature. (side note: the amazingly talented Mark Hamill voices the doll from hell).
- Are you an 80s girl? Check out Bad Hair (premiering October 23rd), a horror satire set in 1989 that follows an ambitious young woman who gets a weave in order to succeed in the image-obsessed world of music television. However, her flourishing career comes at a great cost when she realizes that her new hair may have a mind of its own.
- The description for Books of Blood is simple enough: A journey into uncharted territory through three tales tangled in space and time. It has a Black Mirror-ish vibe but the trailer F-R-E-A-K-E-D me out!
- And finally, Marvel and horror go hand-in-hand with Helstrom. Daimon and Ana Helstrom are the son and daughter of a mysterious and powerful serial killer. The siblings have a complicated dynamic as they track down the terrorizing worst of humanity — each with their attitude and skills.
Just when you thought you might be falling into a showhole, these Halloween shows on Hulu are here to keep you spooked and entertained through October and beyond. And if you’re not a Hulu subscriber, WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR? (Also, you can sign up for a free 30 day trial right now!)
Looking for some creepy shows on Netflix? They’ve got scary movies for everyone!