Here is something I might have never revealed to you. I love to laugh. I love funny things. But I am extremely picky about the things I laugh at. It’s not that I don’t have a sense of humor. I’m just more of a smile and laugh on the inside kind of person.
I’ve never used the term LOL online. Part of it is because it just annoys me. I don’t generally use txt spk (except for OMG). But the real reason is because I don’t often actually laugh out loud. However, I have to say that some of these posts broke that barrier.
Some made me truly laugh out loud. Some made me smirk. Some made me chuckle. But they all brought out the funny.
1. Best Bladder Fail Post by jillsmo from Yeah. Good Times.
I laughed out loud at this post. Quite unexpectedly. I don’t know if it was the delightful storytelling, the visual aids, or the simply “yeah, that’s sounds like something I would totally do” aspect of it but I’m pretty sure you will love:
2. Best Vlog to Make Us All Feel Like Crazy is the New Normal by Tracy from Sellabit Mum
I’ve met Tracy and thought she was funny and delightful. I’ve also watched Tracy’s vlogs and know that she has excellent comedic timing. But I never knew what a vlogging genius she was until I watched this one nominated by Jessica at Four plus an angel. Please to enjoy:
3. Best Anti-Holiday Post That’s Funny Cuz It’s True by Mommy Rotten from Mommy Rotten
This was actually a guest post that was nominated by Stephanie from Momma Be They Name, whose blog it appeared on. I read it with skepticism because nobody messes with my Christmas spirit. But this one? Yeah, I kind of had to agree:
4. Best Almost-Fight By Someone You Would Never Think Would Be in a Fight Post by Jana from Jana’s Thinking Place
I’m totally not into sports but I live in the South and I get how, um, passionate people get about their teams. Even though I met Jana and she was just as sweet as could be, I probably could have predicted that the tiger in her would come out when it came her team:
5. Best oh-my-god-that’s-a-long-post-but-totally-worth-it-for-the-giggles Post by Roxanne from Unintentionally Brilliant
Yes, it’s a long post. And yes it’s totally worth it for the giggles. Ever considered online dating? No need. Roxanne shows you everything you’re missing. Men without humor need not apply:
6. Best Post Advocating the Idea to Get Off Your Butt and Just Do It by mrsrkfj from And Starring as Herself… MRSRKFJ
MRSRKFJ is a frequent participant in my Stream of Consciousness Sunday meme and I’ve known for quite some time that while our exteriors are quite different, we just might be the same people on the inside. The post about exercise and wanting to get in shape pretty much sums it up for me:
7. Best I Don’t Have Time To Blog But I’m Going To Do It Anyway And Then Complain About How I Don’t Have Time Post by Chara from The Daily Yawp
A friend referred me to Chara’s blog for her very, very first post. And from the very first moment, she got the whole blogging conundrum and made me laugh the whole way through:
8. Best Series Featuring A Photo So Awkward It’ll Make You Feel Good About Yourself by Alyssa from Have Stroller Will Travel
I’m a big fan of self-deprecating humor and when you use visual aids along with that humor, I find it all the more endearing. Kudos to Alyssa for not only enduring her awkward adolescence but also for putting it on display for all of us:
9. Best Celebrity Sighting Post Featuring a Famous Actor Who Has Portrayed Batman by Stephanie from Hugs, Kisses, and Snot
I think Stephanie must have known I’m a sucker for celebrity sightings. And reading this post, I wanted to be there, in that moment, just to experience the smolder:
10. Best Post (okay, the ONLY post) That Contains “The Andy Griffith Show” and “The Talking Heads” in the Same Sentence by Angie from The Jammie Girl
This post was nominated by Mary Jo from 154 Hidden Court and is all about roommates. Particularly bad roommates, especially from college. This post spoke to my heart because I’m pretty sure I had the worst roommate ever. She was from Brazil and her name was Luci (short for Lucimar) and my brother quickly changed that to LuciFAR. Yes, she was of the devil. But I’m not alone:
11. Best “Serenity Now, DAMMIT” Post by Robin from The Not-Ever-Still Life
This is one of those parenting posts that keeps you going all the way until the end when you suddenly scream out, “NOOoooooooooooo….” Read on and tell me if you don’t agree:
12.Best Post About How a Family Kayaking Trip Felt More Like Deliverance by Jenn Marie from Blenifer uncorked
Normally, I wouldn’t feature a post about female anatomy but when we’re talking humor, it’s just inevitable. I’ve done my fair share of back woods canoeing but apparently when you go kayaking you meet a whole different crowd that ends up shouting things like:
13. Best “OMG, Only Me” Post by Lauren from Spill The Beans…
Lauren makes me think about how thankful I should be that my name is unique. I’ve never found another Fadra Nally out there but sometimes, you do find someone with your name living your evil twin life. Note from Lauren: “You should know this was back when I was blogging under the assumed name of Elle- as in “L” for Lauren… except the universe has a sense of humor and saw an opportunity”:
14. Best My Kids Drive Me Insane and You Can Have Them If You Want Them Post by Natalie from Mommy of a Monster
I think we all could have written a post like this, right? Except Natalie shows us how two extremely precious little girls can create a chilling crime scene right in your own bathroom:
15. Best Post About the Messed Up World of Thomas the Train by Brandy from mannlymama
I have to admit that I don’t watch Thomas the Train. Thankfully, my son was never interested in it. I think he found the trains quite annoying, as did I. Now I’m starting to wonder if maybe he just read Brandy’s post:
16. Best Post Containing Extreme Medieval Cleavage by Stephanie from Hugs, Kisses and Snot
Stephanie’s back but this time it’s to show off her extensive photographic collection of medieval cleavage. Sound strange? Yeah, it kinda is. But it took away some of the queasiness I usually feel for medieval fairs:
17. Best Reason to be a Couch Potato Post by Shannon from Mamas Against Drama
Apparently Shannon, much like me, had a desire to make up for the dance lessons she never had as a child. Or maybe I’m just speaking for me. One hip hop dance class and I’ve sworn off dancing in public for good. Shannon may be thinking the same, at least when it comes to ballet:
18. Best Why Didn’t Anybody Tell Me All of This Before I Had Kids Post by Natalie from Mommy of a Monster
The reason, Natalie, that nobody tells you any of this is because it would then jeopardize the existence of the human race. We have to learn about motherhood the hard way or else we’d probably never do it at all:
19. Best Diarrhea Accident in Target Post by Laura from Laura’s Mommy Journal
Just the idea of a diarrhea accident in Target makes me giggle but having this be the BEST one is all the better. What really got me on this post is not the actual discussion of diarrhea but that this really was just a tale of a bad date:
20. Best This is Some Scary Sh*t Post by Shannon from Mamas Against Drama
We all want to coddle our children and regale them with the same stories we grew up with, right? Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, and of course, the Tooth Fairy. Because every child likes the idea of some strange woman entering their bedroom and sneaking under their pillow while they’re fast asleep.
It took a long time to read all of these posts and this is only a fraction. I love people that can make me laugh and I hope some of them can make you laugh too. But read up because I’ve got 60 more posts headed your way this week. Posts to make you cry, reflect, think, and just be happy to be part of this wonderful thing called the blogosphere.
If you missed it, yesterday I highlighted some of my favorite posts from this year.