I think the message of self-love and self-esteem has finally sunk. I love myself. Except for the flab that seems to be hanging around the middle. And the hair that seems to be thinning on top. And the skin that seems to be…
Okay. Maybe I need some work on that self-love stuff. I am trying to age gracefully and that means I’m trying to combat the havoc that gravity wreaks upon me. Starting with my face.
I’ve got all the right skincare, drink lots of water, and try to get enough sleep at night. But I need to rid myself of those dead skin cells. I need to EXFOLIATE!
What I love about this new era of facial cleansing is all the devices created to be gentle enough for a daily exfoliation. I’ve been using a brush (you know the one – it’s ultrasonic and expensive) for a few years and like the level of clean it gives me. But while I was at a spa recently, I was told this:
“Um, you are changing your brush head out right? That needs to be done every 6 months, or 3 months if you also use it for your décolletage.”
Don’t feel alone. I also had to google what “décolletage” meant. (It’s basically your neckline and chest).
So I paid $25 for a new brush and was a bit horrified when I went to change it. Let’s just say there was some yucky stuff under that brush head.
Now, I’m not knocking the brush but I was pretty excited when I heard about the Luna by Foreo, which is a “revolutionary anti-aging and facial-cleansing system.”
What makes it unique? Let me pull their claims right from the box:
- Cleanses, smoothes, and rejuvenates for beautiful, younger-looking skin. True. My skin looks great and let’s just say it’s younger looking too.
- Nonabrasive and hygienic silicone touch points for combination skin. True. Very gentle yet still leaves my skin feeling clean. And no yucky stuff caught under a brush head.
- T-Sonic pulsations revitalize the skin to restore its natural glow. It definitely provides sonic pulses. But you’ll have to be the judge of the natural glow.
- Lessen the appearance of wrinkles and expression lines in low-frequency mode. I just checked in the mirror. The lines around my mouth have definitely improved.
- Cleanses significantly more effectively than washing by hand in high-frequency mode. Definitely. But that’s why I’ve been using a brush for years.
- 100% waterproof and rechargeable with 2-Year warranty. I can’t argue with that.
The other unique feature is the flip side of the Luna. In addition to being able to scrub away years of your face* (*claim not substantiated), you can also massage away those areas of tension that give you those annoying little lines with the anti-aging side of the Luna.
But seeing it believing. So instead of looking at my grumpy face, a few pictures, and the words from the product packaging, come join me in the tub to see first-hand how the Luna by Foreo is working for me.
The Luna by Foreo is available on Amazon and retails for $199.99. You can also find a mini for $139 and even a version for men.
This review was facilitated by a complimentary product from Foreo through iFabbo. Affiliate links are included in this post.
Well that looks like an awesome thing to have…I have been wanting one of the “brush” ones for a few years now and just have not bit the bullet. I didn’t even think about having to replace the brushes. Think I will add this one to my Christmas wishlist.