The Wubble Bubble Ball has nothing to do with the famed space show of the 1960s. But if you’re a Trekkie, you’ll probably get the reference to the post title. It comes from the infamous episode, “The Trouble with Tribbles.”
Tribbles were cute, furry little ball-like creatures that quickly took over the Enterprise wreaking havoc on the food supply and generally annoying the Klingons. They were cute, but troublesome.
Much like the Tribbles, the Wubble Bubble Ball is a cool idea with mixed results.
The Wubble is a bubble that acts like a ball. And also like the Tribbles, it appears to be some sort of mutant substance that has made its way to Earth where it is infiltrating many households. So instead of resisting (because resistance is futile, right?), I opened the door and invited the Wubble in.
I had been forewarned that the Wubble resists the necessary probing for inflation so I watched an entire YouTube video devoted to inflation of the Wubble.
Oh, that looks so easy, I thought. So I got out my gear, including a pump with four D batteries ready for quick action.
And then 30 seconds later, we were playing!
(ABSOLUTELY NOT TRUE. BUT I DID HAVE PLENTY OF FUN TRYING. SO MUCH SO THAT I CAPTURED IT ALL ON VIDEO.)
It wasn’t easy. I’ll admit it. I think the real trick to inflation is a lot of oil to lubricate the valve (and yes, I know how weird that sounds). But once I had the valve properly inserted into the ball, I was golden. The ball inflated and we set about playing.
You’re first instinct is to play with it like a ball but IT’S NOT LIKE A BALL. So you think of playing with it like a bubble but IT’S NOT LIKE A BUBBLE.
It’s like those squishy balls you often see at the drugstore, filled with air but grabbable and squishable. I’m sure you know exactly what I mean. Because the Wubble is hard to explain but if you watched my video to the end (thank you!) then you’ll see that the end result is Evan saying “This is fun!”
And in the end, that’s all that really matters.
Frustrated parent. Happy kid. All is right in the world.
This is a sponsored post but contains my real opinions (can’t fake those reactions on the video). If you’re interested in checking out a Wubble, you can find them online where they’re described a bit better than I could do.
· Made from a unique thermo-stretch material, the Wubble™ bubble ball’s patent-pending technology makes it squishy, strong and incredibly lightweight. Kids can kick it, slam it, throw it, bounce it, smoosh it and smash it.
· The Wubble™ bubble ball comes with a battery-operated air pump and easily inflates in about three minutes.
· Great for outdoor or indoor use year-round, the Wubble™ bubble ball is durable, reusable and washable. It inflates to 3 feet tall but deflates quickly for easy storage.
· Available online at http://wubbleball.com/
· In Store Price – less than $25 with pump, less than $15 for single Wubble™.