I might have had a little too much wine last night (it was for a good cause) and eaten a little too much of those incredibly delicious sugar and cinnamon hot pretzels and birthday cake. And it might still be 28 degrees outside but today, I feel the promise of Spring and the promise of rebirth.
Here’s my 5 minute brain dump…
Nothing has changed in a week except my outlook. I recognize that I’ve been stuck in a rut. Whether it’s my mental state or physical state or simply the weather, I recognize that my limitations are things I can control. So this past week, I made the effort to get out of the rut.
Some of the things I did:
- Cleaned and cooked in the kitchen (this is an accomplishment for me AND I got compliments on the meals from Evan – Sean was out of town)
- Did all of my laundry and folded and hung it and PUT IT AWAY (this, too, is a major accomplishment)
- Went to the gym 4 times (FOUR TIMES, people)
- Ran on the treadmill 3 times (Couch to 5k right here)
- Invited a friend to lunch just because I wanted to (the crepes were delicious)
- Had a call with an awesome friend and designer who I plan to work with to make my blog all profeshunal
And on top of that, I had a car delivered on Friday (Mazda CX-9 – more to come on that) and I’m currently trying to plan a day trip for the family today so we can put that bad boy to the test.
I’ve also got trips coming up almost every week for the next 2 months. That’s exhausting but exciting and exhilarating and inspiring. It’s what I need and it’s how I’m trying to keep my head above water until I realize I’m no longer treader. I’m just going with the flow.